Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bourke Street Bakery - Surry Hills

How fast time flies? I can't believe we just lived past the end of the world on 21st December 2012 and through another year of Christmas too! Soon it will be New Year! Yeah it has been quite busy for me in the last couple of weeks so I didn't get a chance to update :( But here is the last entry for 2012, let's goto Bourke Street bakery in Surry Hills...


It was around 11am and we saw a bunch of people lining up around the entrance of Bourke Street bakery. No doubt this place must be good right?


We saw a range of breads through the window, and the overcrowding people at the small space inside. Fortunately, there were some tables outside, half in the sun and half in the shade. We picked our table against the wall after ordering our foods, with everyone around us sipping coffee and eating in slow motions to enjoy every minute of the morning.


Pork and Fennel Sausage Roll $4.50

I ordered this with tomato sauce, and I was more tempted to use hands rather than knife and fork! As I sliced off the first piece, a heavy steam flowed out of the core, making my nostrils craving for more of that delicious heat. The crust was very flaky, and the core was extra tasty when combined with the tomato sauce. I absolutely love it! Even though it was very simple, but it's always those simple cafe foods that delight up your day.


Tomato and Cheese Croissant $4.50

Bun ordered this while I secretly stole some for a quick taste. It was a very familiar flavour, somewhat gave me an image of an old couple making this with friendly smiles, I guess it's the flavour that remind you of "love". While some people may find the flat Croissant quite strange, I actually enjoyed it. This was easier to hold onto and crunch away without the puffy layers, and the tomato and cheese were evenly placed.



We've also ordered drinks, and they were Mocha (top) and Hot Chocolate (bottom) both at $4.00.



I have to say it's very hard to find a Mocha that balance sweetness and bitterness perfectly, but I reckon this one at Bourke Street bakery made it!


I guess this is what you call "Happiness"? On a lazy morning where you don't need to think much, but just spent the time daydreaming with your loved ones. I believe the reason that people love Bourke Street bakery is because of its simplicity and fair price. Alot of the places in modern days spent zillions on the actual appearance of the restaurant or cafe etc and lost sight of what's really important, they were missing the basic elements of warmth and friendliness. Whereas Bourke Street Bakery provided the relaxing atmosphere, and the good foods to match up the surroundings that make you stop by...again and again just for that quick little brunch :)


Lastly...HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Thank you for reading my blog since it opened in July 2012!


Address*:
633 Bourke Street
Surry Hills

Phone number:
02 9699 1011

Opening time:
Mon - Fri 7am - 6pm
Sat and Sun 8am - 5pm

*There are also 3 other chains in Marrickville, Alexandria and Potts Point
Website: http://www.bourkestreetbakery.com.au/





Bourke Street Bakery on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Mel said...

BSB is great isn't it? I love their sausage rolls and their bread is to die for. They have other branches around Sydney...in case you feel like trying other places.I like Marrickville as it's quite large and has a tonne of seating.

Unknown said...

Yea it was the best! Thanks Miss Piggy ^^ I'd looooove to try out all the other branches someday too, they must be just as gooooood *drooling*